This policy helps to explain the purposes and occasions when & why cookies may be sent to visitors of the Paymentnetworks.com website (referred to in this policy as “you” and “we” or “us” or “our”).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that PaymentNetworks saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit our site. It enables our website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, and display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to re-enter these details whenever you return or browse from one page to another
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
To check for the cookies on your computer, go to the ‘Settings’ of your browser and search for ‘PaymentNetworks.’ Below is a brief explanation of the cookies you’ll see.
- First-party cookies – A first-party cookie is the one that is implemented by PaymentNetworks website. Here is the list of all cookies used by PaymentNetworks:
- _utma – This type of cookie records the number of visits a person makes to a particular website, including the first and last visit. Google uses this to determine the number of visits a person makes before making a decision to buy.
- _utmb and _utmc – These cookies work together to monitor the duration of a certain person’s visit on a website. The _utmb cookie takes a timestamp when a visitor arrives at a website, while the _utmc cookie records the time when the person leaves. The _utmb cookie expires after the session. The _utmc cookie also disappears if another pageview does not occur after 30 minutes.
- _utmz – This type of cookie tracks where the visitor at a certain website came from, or how did they arrive there. It monitors the location of the person, the keywords or search engine used for the person to find the website.
- _utmt – This cookie determines the type of request made, whether it is a transaction, an item or a custom variable. Its lifespan is 10 minutes.
- _lang – This type of cookie remembers the language you have chosen when you first visited our website. It ensures that the website appears in your preferred language every time you return.
- _PHPSESSID – This cookies records your latest login information at your PaymentNetworks account so that you won’t need to re-enter your credentials every time you login.
- Third-party cookies – PaymentNetworks does not store any third-party cookies on your computer or your mobile device.
Cookies allow our website to function according to your preferences. It allows our website to remember what pages you visited, or what features you browsed. Cookies also help us improve your experience and provide you the information that you need immediately.
WHO ACCESSES THE COOKIE-RELATED INFORMATION?
The information from cookies is only accessed by PaymentNetworks. We use this information solely for analytics purposes to learn what our users want whenever they are browsing our website.
HOW WILL THE COOKIE-RELATED INFORMATION BE USED?
As mentioned above, the information from cookies will only be used for analytics purposes. It will not be used to gain any sensitive or personal information from our visitors or users to protect their privacy in every browsing session.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish in your browser settings. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site. Some services and functionalities may not work because of deactivated cookies. Please check your browser’s cookie settings support pages to confirm the most up-to-date instructions.
You may reach us via e-mail at email@example.com